Kingfish Studios was founded by Louisiana native Kody Chamberlain, a writer, artist, and designer focused on creating and expanding idea-driven properties for the best entertainment companies in the business including DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics, HarperCollins, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, LucasArts, Marvel Comics, MTV, MTV Comics, Sony Pictures, 343 Industries, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros.
His creator-owned series SWEETS: A NEW ORLEANS CRIME STORY appears on many top ten lists, and earned a Spinetingler Award typically reserved for prose crime fiction. His original high-concept thriller THE FOUNDATION was optioned by FOX for feature film development, as was TAG, his horror collaboration with comic book legend Keith Giffen.
In addition to his work in entertainment, Kody also offers workshops and consulting services. He's had professional appearances at CTN Animation Expo, HOW Design Live, Modbook, Macworld, iFest, Wizard World Comic Con, as well as major universities and AdFed/AIGA groups throughout the United States.
Get in Touch
Feel free to contact us, but please do not send unsolicited pitches, scripts, books, comics, or any other material unless requested.
• Comic Books and Graphic Novels
• Original &Adapted Story Development
• Character and Environment Design
• Storyboarding for Film and Animation
• Commercial and Editorial Illustration
• Creative Workshops and Presentations
• Consulting and Creative Direction
Accolades and Highlights
• Sweets utilized in English courses at UL Lafayette and LSU; 2013-2015
• 20th Century Fox acquired film option for The Foundation; 2014
• Featured Artist at CTN Animation Expo for Modbook Pro; 2013
• SWEETS won the Spinetingler Fiction Award, April 2011 SWEETS #2 included in CBR’s 50 best covers of 2010
• Luke McBain featured on The Late Late Show (CBS), 2010
• Featured Artist at Macworld for Modbook Pen Tablet; 2008, 2009
• Punks featured in Print Magazine’s F.O.B. column; February 2008
• Indiana Jones Heritage Trading Card artist for TOPPS and LucasArts; 2007
• Universal Pictures acquired film option for TAG; 2006